Friday, April 10, 2009

God works in awesome ways...

It was a rewarding oppurtunity when my pastor asked me to write my testimony for the church 10th anniversary...I thought for a while i would lost this as I cannot compose one. I don't even know how to start it, not because i do not know what to say but mainly because i have so much to share ( as I always does.. he he he) . And I was only given 3 minutes to say this at the pulpit... I had given a week to write this, and each day i found myself undone and sobbing...So i backed out and asked my sister to do it for me... Until a day before the celebration, while I was bout to go to bed, I heard God whispered. He instructed me to write my testimony, and here it was:

"I stand before you today to testify how blessed I am as God continually changing my life. Before I met Christ, my life was full of bitterness, hurt,hatred and loneliness. I kept these inside me for almost 20 years making me an impatient, ill-tempered, careless, dominant person that I was.. Having these character, I often complaint bout most things whether at home, school, work and even in the government, thinking that I was on the right side. Back then, my sister was already a regular member of a christian, full-gospel church. She would normally invite me to attend with her the sunday service or their bible study group.But i would stubbornly refuse it for i thought i do not need it.. I even hide and run away whenever i see them. Until one day, while i was overwhelmed with problems, she invited me again to come with her on a sunday service, surprisingly I did. At the service, i found myself sobbing from the beginning till the end, for then i realized I cannot handle my problems on my own, I need someone bigger than all of these, I need God. And this is when i accepted Christ in my heart, in my life... So when my husband left for work in the US, i became a regular of this congregation. In this church and through the leading of the Holy Spirit, my eyes were opened to the truth, that the changes that I have been wanting to happen with my husband, in my family, in my office and even in this government has to start in me. God healed me, He has taken away my pain, hatred and loneliness and replaced it with His peace. Along with these, He has changed my perspective, now I know how to appreciate things and be grateful rather than complaint. I grow spiritually and personally on this church.And by the grace of God, I am who I am now. I may not be the person that I dreamed to be or even hope to be, but I know this is God wants me to be, the best person that i could ever be...Only God has truly changed me and He is continually changing me...to God be the glory!!!"


Yup, even at that moment He has changed me. On the process of writing this testimony He allowed me to close my remaining unforgiven past ( which is by the way the reason why im sobbing while doing my previous drafts.. and the testimony seen here was written differently from what i have written before. The message is the same but it was delivered differently as God inspired this...) And so, He has completely healed and freed me!.. Really, God moves in mysterious and awesome ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment